4/6/11

The Against the Odds Rockstar of the Day -- J.P. Licks

by Nicole Harris



One of the topics of Against the Odds is survival.  When I sit down and think about how I made it to where I am in my life today and all the people and things that have helped me get here I am so very very grateful.  I am constantly amazed how big an impact things that may seem inconsequential can be or how it only knowing someone for a short time can still change your whole life.

When you think of J.P. Licks I'm sure you have visions of ice cream sundaes and other fabulous treats (and don't get me wrong, that's some seriously good ice cream) but for me, while I never would have guessed it when I started working there all those years ago, J.P. Licks is part of the reason that I am able to be such a big part of Monkeyhouse.  Ever since I moved to New York J.P. Licks has allowed me to come back and work whenever I'm in Boston.  Whether for a few weeks or a few months, there is always a spot at an ice cream machine when I need it.  Not only are they flexible and understanding about my life as an artist but the company is amazingly supportive.  Over the last few weeks I've had fellow employees volunteer to hang Against the Odds posters in other J.P. Licks locations, people are spreading the word about the show and the company is even sponsoring part of Against the Odds!

J.P. Licks has sponsored numerous Monkeyhouse events over the years and for this festival is helping us revamp Monkey Meals.  That's right!  If you come to any Against the Odds event you can enter to win a J.P. Licks ice cream party with Monkeyhouse!  Woo hoo!  Also, they have kindly donated ice cream for our closing night party after the show on April 15th!

Do you have a job that truly supports your life as an artist?  If you do, take a minute this week and say thank you.  (Buy them a J.P. Licks ice cream cake perhaps!?)  If not for J.P. Licks and other amazing arts supporting employers there are a whole lot of us who wouldn't be able to do what we do.

THANK YOU!

Against the Odds: 
Stories of Adaptation, Translation & Survival
March 18th-April 15th
Springstep, 98 George P. Hassett Drive, Medford, MA
For more information and to purchase tickets please visit our website!
 
Against the Odds is supported in part by the Medford Arts Council, a local agency supported by the Massachusetts Cultural Council.

Thank you to Springstep for its support of this event.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails