5/12/11

Thanks for the Doodle, Google

by karen Krolak

As you probably noticed, Google's doodle paid homage to Martha Graham yesterday. I particularly enjoyed how Google was spelled out in retrograde.

It was a lovely way to weave dance into people's daily routines and it illustrated one of my favorite improv structures for kids. In fact, the kids at Moving for Meaning were just working on shaping the alphabet with their bodies that afternoon. It is amazing how 26 letters can inspire such a wealth of physical creativity.

So, as I was drifting off to sleep last night, I began noodling around with ideas for other ways to dance out Google and wondering about how other choreographers could be depicted. Wouldn't it be cool to see a series of doodles developed by a group of choreographers or kids learning to choreograph?  I am not sure where I should send this idea but I think it has some potential to spark interest in choreography in a very simple way. Hmmmm....suggestions anyone?

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails