10/1/12

"Transitions" -- An Evening of Tap Dance


You'll excuse a bit of shameless self-promotion on my part, but I'm simply thrilled to announce that I'm directing, choreographing and producing my first tap dance concert this fall in Massachusetts!

It's not at all something I envisioned myself doing at 21 years old, but I was asked to put together an evening's worth of material for a private event in Lexington, and I decided, with all the time and energy I was going to put into it, I might as well find a venue where I could put it onstage for a night and let everybody else see what I've been working on.

The show is called "Transitions" because, when I finally stopped to think about what I was creating, I realized that the material was all inspired by, or created during, some kind of transitional period in my life. I'm debuting an autobiographical suite, "The Tall & Short of It," that depicts my journey struggling with, and finally overcoming and accepting, my self-consciousness about my height. "My Manhattan" is all about by love-hate relationship with New York City, and the experiences I've had since moving there to begin college in 2009. "Just the Two of Us" is a series of duets with my former teacher, Kelly Kaleta. When I moved to NYC, life came full circle and we began choreographing and performing together.

This being my inaugural outing as director/choreographer/producer, I'm naturally a bit terrified -- but also excited. It's going to be a lot of fun, and I hope you can join me!

"Transitions" debuts on Sunday, November 4th at 4:00 p.m. at Marblehead Little Theatre in Marblehead, MA.

Tickets are available now!



And check out the video below for an excerpt from "Just the Two of Us":




No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails