1/17/13

Two Slightly Late (But Still Fabulous) Palindromes


by Nicole Harris

Barry shared these two palindromes with me in the middle of December.  Even though they are a bit late for their topics, I want to take a minute to share them with you.  I hope you enjoy!

On 12/21/12:

When I hear people talk about the upcoming Mayan apocalypse, my childhood flashes before my eyes. I'm not thinking that the end is near, I'm just remembering the regionally distinctive utterances of my South Jersey playmates: "Give me back that baseball. It's Mayan!"

Well, if the world does end on the 21st, two days before my 56th birthday, I'll always be a palindromic age, which isn't such a bad deal. After all, an apocalyptic event can't be reversed. Or can it?

THE LONG COUNT
Time: RIP. 
Oh, shall a man? 
It's '12, no? 
Evil, all. 
It's Mayan, huh? 
Nay, am still alive on 21st, in a mall. 
Ah, shop! 
I remit.
Copyright (c) 2012 by Barry Duncan

On Santa:

FOUR CLAUSAL VIEWS 
SANTA AS TRAVELER, VISITOR, EMPLOYER, AND LOVER

Oh. Oh. Oh, a hero (N, S, W, E) freed. 
I wonder: It's an eve. One. 
Nod, NORAD? A radar on. 
Done? No.
Even as tired now (I, deer), few snore. Ha! 
Ho ho ho!

Pace room, can I? 
Saw a T. Nast Santa. 
Was in a C. Moore cap.

Tense yet 
Safe boss. 
It's a Claus, 
Usual cast. 
Is so, be fast: 
Eyes net.

Harem? Missus. 
I tire. Her? 
It is us. Simmer. Ah.
Copyright (c) 2012 by Barry Duncan

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails