10/2/13

My Favorite Things!


by Marie Libbin

Months later, we are still hearing about people's favorite moments from the Against the Odds festival. This one came from one of our interns!

null
Photo by JK Photo
It's difficult to choose my favorite Against the Odds moment, simply because each performance had a completely different dynamic than anything I'd ever seen. Rather than just focusing on technique and clarity, these performers also added a unique sense of originality and creativity into their numbers. However, if I had to pick one favorite moment, it would be the solo Caitlin Meehan set on Nicole. My eyes immediately filled with tears, as I watched her own the room and dance so beautifully. Nicole is one of the strongest people I know, and is such an inspiration to myself as well as many other artists. She is living proof that it is possible to work through obstacles and accomplish your goals if you just put your mind to it. Against the Odds was filled with inspirational performers, supportive audience members, and a common love for the arts, and ended up being a successful and beautiful weekend that I was honored to be apart of

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails