4/27/12

SKORT @ CCAE featuring Mariah Steele

Mariah Steele
by karen Krolak

My word, our first SKORT at the Cambridge Center for Adult Education lead to a rousing discussion about methods for integrating text and movement, how to savor a palindrome, and finding pivot points. I am so thankful for everyone who attended and shared constructive feedback with us. Your ideas are already nestling their way into our work.

As you know, SKORTS allow Monkeyhouse choreographers to show slices of our freshest creations and ask for suggestions or advice from the audience. Show up and you could influence the future of a dance piece! This month's SKORT will feature our collaboration with one of my favorite local choreographers, Mariah Steele. I was once again struck by her ability to transform performers at her concert, Tempest in a Teacup, at MIT last weekend. While I have seen her dancers perform with other companies, I learned something new about their expressive range through Mariah's choreography. I am so eager to see how this translates to Monkeyhouse.  We are still in the early stages of developing this project so this is a fabulous opportunity to witness how Mariah sketches out her ideas. 


You can buy tickets and get more info here.


Tickets $5
May 12, 2012
42 Brattle Street, Cambridge MA
7-9PM


Psst...you can also see new works by both Mariah and I tonight at Endicott College for only $5.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails