8/28/13

Colorado Bound!


 by Sarah Feinberg 
Many of you have gotten to know Sarah Feinberg over the past few years as she has become a bigger and bigger part of Monkeyhouse.  You may not know that she will be (temporarily) leaving us next week to attend grad school in Colorado.  I have known Sarah since she was a little girl and I have loved having the chance to get to know her in so many capacities throughout her life.  This summer I have spent a lot of time with Sarah and I know I'm not the only one around here who will miss her terribly while she's out starting this new adventure.  Here's Sarah to share a few thoughts on this big transition! - Nicole

I am off to Colorado for the next 2 years to attend graduate school at Colorado State University where I will be studying Occupational Therapy. The move is most definitely a bittersweet one. Since I graduated with my bachelors from Ithaca College in 2011, I have been working as a teacher for children with autism at The New England Center for Children. It has been a very rewarding and educational experience and I will miss my students very much. I can honestly say that Saturday afternoons spent at Springstep with Monkeyhouse is the thing I will miss the most. Though I was working full time and taking prerequisite courses for grad school, Saturday rehearsals were the most important part of my week. No matter what happened during the week or whatever mood I might have been in, when I walked out of that studio at 4pm, life was good!

I am excited for the new adventure I have ahead of me. I look forward to being back in school, especially in pursuit of my chosen career path and I look forward to a change of scenery (Mountains!). Though I have been told I will have little free time, I plan to check out the Colorado dance scene, continue practicing yoga and my newest extracurricular activity, rock climbing. I can't wait to do some hiking and explore the beautiful sites as well.

I can't say enough how truly grateful I am for having had the opportunity to work with such an incredible company. I have learned so much from each and every person. I look forward to continuing to support Monkeyhouse and possibly work on some projects from afar.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails