8/26/13

Dancing in Canada!


by Nikki Sao Pedro Welch 

 I was fortunate enough to go to Montreal for a week to take the Transformation Danse Intensive and it was one of the most inspiring experiences of my life. The class approaches were refreshingly new and the Montreal culture is so supportive of the arts- it was amazing! I was able to take a body geography class with Isabelle Porier and a Performativity class with Stephen Thompson. I learned so many useful tools for myself as a dancer and as a teacher. While on my dance extravaganza I was also able to see two shows, "Short and Sweet," which comprised of 20 dance companies performing 3 minutes each, and "O Vertigo" a contemporary dance company that used sound manipulation in the flooring and structure on the stage. Both shows were quite different from one another which gave a great example of what Montreal's dance scene is like.  I went to three museums, walked the whole city, and basically did all I could to immerse myself into the city and what it had to offer. I can't wait to go back!!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails