8/14/10

Tap: who knew Jacob's Pillow and Psych had so much in common?

by karen Krolak

Today I needed a little mindless entertainment and headed over to Hulu. Having seen a segment about tap on FORA.tv yesterday which asserted that "tap dance is the most cutting edge dance form on the American stage today," I was very amused to stumble onto an episode of Psych where tap dance was used as a crime solving technique. Seeing Detective Lassiter in the end recital, really reminded me of my brief stint studying with Shannon Sullivan's Tap II class at Impulse Dance Center in Natick. Oddly enough, Shannon called at the very end of the episode because we bumped into each other after Thursday's Musing at Springstep, where she also teaches. Did I mention that she performed at Inside/Out last summer?

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails