It's amazing how many good things we can find if you just stop for a moment and look for them. We are always excited to share your good things too, so please let us know what sort of stuff is going on in your life!
* Our Production Manager Jason Ries won an IRNE and a NORTON Award for set design for his work on Company One's The Elaborate Entrance of Chad Deity! Congratulations, Jason and everyone at Company One!
* Three of our interns, Katelyn, David & Marie knocked 'em dead in Natick High School's production of The Drowsy Chaperone at the beginning of the month!
* Speaking of interns, Laila & Elyssa performed the pieces the created with us at Natick High School last week! Congrats, ladies!
* Caitlin premiered her piece at Endicot College's Dance Ensemble show last weekend!
* Courtney has finished her first grad school semester. She has been such a busy woman! We're proud of you, Courtney!
* Blogger in Residence, Ryan Casey, in addition to performing all over the place this month (including two Boston performances!) is graduating from NYU! Congratulations, Ryan!
* David Parker was awarded the 2013 John Simon Guggenheim Fellowship. The John Simon Guggenheim Fellowship award winners are given the opportunity to use creative freedom to their full advantage. Each year, the winner of this award is given to a person who has moved their profession forward. David's comical but beautiful choreography got him one of the 200 fellowship awards.To learn more about David Parker and the John Simon Guggenheim Fellowship, click here!
* This year, Michelle Dorrance was awarded the annual Jacob's Pillow Award. Every year, one lucky choreographer is given $25,000 to use towards improving their, already amazing, dance company. Michelle is the founder of a tap company called Dorrance Dance, where she was recognized for her classic-modern fusion. To learn more about Michelle Dorrance and the Jacob's Pillow award, click here!