by karen Krolak
Hey choreographers, here is yet another fabulous opportunity to create work! The Boston Center for the Arts is accepting applications for the 2013-2014 Dance Residencies. While the residency does not cover transportation or local housing costs, it is open to dance artists from outside of the Boston area. I have heard both Mariah Steele and Contrapose Dance rave about how much they enjoyed being selected for these residencies. Resident artists receive:
- Four to five weeks of free rehearsal/performance space for an intensive creative process. Companies will have unlimited rehearsal time within Calderwood Pavilion operating hours: weekdays 9 am - 11 pm, Saturdays 10 am - 11 pm, Sundays 12 pm - 8pm.
- The opportunity to perform new and existing work in an alternative theatre space.
- A stipend of $1000 to be used at the resident company’s discretion.
- Assistance from Technical Director with lighting design and production labor.
- Access to lighting and sound equipment for showcase performance including risers, pipe & drape, approx. 18 lighting instruments, PA system for sound.
- Support for public program development and execution.
- Inclusion in BCA program listings and website.
One company will be choose for each Residency Session:Monday, October 21 – November 24, 2013 (5 weeks)
Monday, January 6 – Sunday, February 2, 2014 (4 weeks)
Monday, May 19 – Sunday, June 22, 2014 (5 weeks)
Applications must be received by Monday, May 20, 2013 by 5:00pm. For more information go to http://bcaonline.org/performance/dance/dance-residency-call.html