3/9/11

The Against the Odds Rockstar of the Day -- Ashley Chandler

by Nicole Harris


When I was a teenager I was a class assistant for a young intro to dance class at Impulse Dance Center.  One of my sassy little dance students was a very small (and very loud) Ashley Chandler.  I have been on hand for almost all the milestones in Ashley's dance life, both big and small.  From the day she joined the Connecting Point Dance Company to the year I made her wear yellow overalls in tap class (I never lived that one down) to an infinite number of Monday afternoons with her as my class assistant to her Dance Adelphi performances.  I have always been proud of all of Ashley's accomplishments and I am honored that now, with a professional dance career of her own, I will be performing with Ashley on the opening night of Against the Odds on Friday, March 18th.  Please come out and see what a beautiful, strong and spirited dancer Ashley has become.

Ashley, thank you for being there through many milestones in MY life.  I love you.


Against the Odds is supported in part by the Medford Arts Council, a local agency supported by the Mass Cultural Council.

Thank you to Springstep for its support of this event.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails